It was my sisters birthday recently, and I wanted to get her a gift that she’d really need. She is on maternity so I reflected back on my maternity leave and what I’d really enjoy and put together a kit:
- Salve for dry skin: Changing nappies all the time, means washing hands all the time, which means really dry hands
- Large water bottle: Breast feeding leaves you thirstier than ever!!
- Kanel gifler: Breast feeding gives you major cravings for sweets and cakes!
- Dark chocolate: For the cravings, but mostly because it’s name was similar to my sisters middle name
- Trail mix: Sometimes all the snacking leaves you feeling guilty, so you need something healthy to snack on
- Rooibos tea: to keep you hydrated and cozy at the same time
- Magazine: Sometimes you need to steal time away to do something for yourself, but you don’t want to wake the baby
- The magazine included an audio running guide for when she’s ready to get in shape
- Homemade basket: To carry all the snacks, drinks and magazines around the house with you, so you have it handy where ever you’re nursing or otherwise stuck under a baby.